- Velocit is a simple one-step pregnancy diagnosis kit.
- Velocit works by detecting the pregnancy hormone (hCG) in a urine sample.
- hCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a hormone that appears in the urine when a woman is pregnant approximately 20 days after her last menstrual period. This pregnancy hormone level then rises rapidly reaching a peak level by 8-12 weeks of gestation.
Velocit can be used to detect pregnancy as early as the missed day of menses . In some women though, the levels of hCG are not detectable so early in the pregnancy. If the test is negative, repeat test after 72 hours.
It is advisable to wait a couple of days after missing period, before performing the test. This will help avoid a falsely negative test.
Fresh urine sample is desirable for optimum results of the test.
Why to Use?
Velocit is the number 1 Dr recommended pregnancy detection kit*How to Use
Your Velocit pack contains
- One Test device ( card for one time use only)
- One dropper
- One dessicant (moisture absorbing pouch) not required for the test
- A user information leaflet.
Please remember to bring the pack to room temperature before using it (particularly if taken out from the refrigerator)
Simple steps to collect urine sample
- The urinal sample is to be collected in a clean & dry glass container.
- Do not use the container which is washed with a detergent /soap. Detergents might interfere with the result of the test.
- For optimal detection of pregnancy, first urine sample of the day is preferred. However, randomly collected urine sample may also be used.
- Fresh urine sample is desirable for optimum results of the test.
- Takeout the test device from the pouch just before you start the test . Do not remove the test device from the pouch & keep it open for a long period of time
- Your test device has a well marked “S” ( samples well ) & a result well marked “C” ( control region ) & “T” ( test region )
- Keep the test device away from fan ,drier or breeze of air while performing the test
- Keep the test device on a flat surface
- Collect the urine sample with the help of a dropper
- Add exactly 3 drops of urine sample in the well marked “S”. Do not add the urine sample in the test window “C” & “T” or any other part of the test device.
Procedure & Interpretation of results
- Allow specimens (urine sample) & the test device to come to room temperature prior to testing
- Remove the reaction device from its protective wrapper
- Fill the dropper with specimen (urine sample) & add exactly 3 drops of urine in the sample well (S )
- Read results within 5 minutes & interpret the results as follows
If two distinct color bands (pink/purple) appear, one in the test region (T), one in the control region (C) within 5 minutes, then the test is positive.
Positive indicates woman is Pregnant, for further confirmation consult Gynaecologist.
If only one distinct color band (pink/purple) appears in the control region (C) within 5 minutes then the test in negative.
Negative indicates that woman may not be Pregnant. If periods are further delayed repeat test after a week and consult Gynaecologist for confirmation.
If no distinct color band appear ,both in the test region (T) & in the control region (C) within 5 minutes, then the test is invalid. It is recommended in the case to repeat the test.
Read the result within 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 5 minutes. Appearance of test lines after 5 minutes may not have any significance. If you want to confirm, discard the used test device & repeat the above test with a fresh test device & fresh samples.Storage and Stability
Velocit, is to be stored at 2-8° C in the sealed pouch. Do not freeze test kit. Do not use after expiry date, stamped on the label.